Chief Reservoir Engineer
Do you want to join Sval, the new generation energy company?
We are Sval, the new generation energy company with a clear growth agenda on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
We want to be nimble, sustainable, and create value for our owners, partners, suppliers, and society. We will seize new opportunities and hope you will join us on our exciting growth journey.
We are currently seeking a Chief Reservoir Engineer to join our Subsurface Team. The position will report to the VP Subsurface.
- Supporting the business to make good decisions using consistent subsurface evaluations and nurturing our highly skilled subsurface professionals to improve competency and delivery
- Providing technical assurance support to VP assurance team, as required
- Delivering a technical contribution to projects such as business development opportunities and specific asset projects, as required
- Ensuring technical quality of reservoir and production engineering work by facilitating technical challenge, assurance, and peer reviews, calling on key technical experts (Excluding exploration and business development)
- Developing and maintaining relevant workflows, best practice and BMS processes to support the subsurface community
- Ensuring and enhancing high levels of technical competence across the reservoir and production engineering staff by competency development and the facilitation of internal & external training courses, professional mentoring, and assistance with recruitment
- Developing a centre of excellence culture for the subsurface team and playing an influential role in the VP Subsurface leadership team
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of the full E&P business life cycle
- Wide breadth of understanding of subsurface and depth of understanding in reservoir and production engineering
- Thorough understanding of reserves reporting and migration processes
- Proven integration across E&P disciplines
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Significant capabilities in working with people, specifically to win trust and help in a constructive but challenging way
- Ability to critique generally accepted ways of working and new concepts, lead dialogue with business and deliver solutions
We will be interviewing relevant candidates continuously, so apply already today. We look forward to hearing from you!
CV and application to be sent to email@example.com.
Contact: Phil McCaffrey, 40918721