We are recruiting – want to join Sval, the new generation energy company?
We are Sval, the new generation energy company with a clear growth agenda on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
We want to be nimble, sustainable, and create value for our owners, partners, suppliers, and society. We will seize new opportunities and hope you will join us on our exciting growth journey.
We are currently seeking a Senior Geoscientist to join our Subsurface Team. The position will report to the Subsurface Lead.
- Support Sval’s portfolio of development and production assets with evaluation of available seismic and well data and critical geological/geophysical analyses
- Provide clear and concise recommendations and advise management on reservoir-related topics regarding business decisions and strategies, including reservoir characterisation, drainage strategy concerns, infill well locations and near field exploration
- Represent the company in license Resource Committees and geological and geophysical forums to ensure Sval’s interests in licences are communicated
- Evaluate geological data such as core descriptions and petrographic analys
is, bio stratigraphic and chemo stratigraphic data, well log, petrophysical and pressure data to provide critical analysis of reservoir characterisation and architecture, hydrocarbons-in-place, depositional models, fault seal analysis and implications on fluid flow
- Construct, update and maintain in-house and operator subsurface static models to aid decision making, well planning and develop hydrocarbon in-place estimates
- Integrated working and support to reservoir engineering disciplines through dynamic reservoir simulation workscopes
- Evaluate geophysical data and perform interpretation of 3D and 4D seismic data and inversion to enable critical assessment of GRV, undrained reservoir areas and identify infill well locations
- Scope out and coordinate specialised geological and geophysical third-party studies
- Assist in the screening and assessment of business development opportunities as required
- Provide technical support to corporate activities like bank updates, and to Competent Partner Review (CPR) work
- Mentor less experienced geoscience staff to drive competency development
- Share your experience at company-wide forums to support cross-functional lessons learned and continual learning within Sval
- Provide well planning and operational support during drilling when required
- To promote, enhance and sustain a strong HSEQ culture within your own discipline
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Petroleum Geology or Geophysics
- Minimum 7 years of experience from development and producing assets preferably from the NCS.
- Reservoir modelling, simulation and uncertainty analysis experience.
- Advanced user of Petrel
- Experience with RokDoc, GeoTeric and seismic inversion.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Proactive and able to work with little supervision.
- Structured, with good analytical skills.
We will be interviewing relevant candidates continuously, so apply already today. We look forward to hearing from you!
CV and application to be sent to email@example.com.
Contact: Phil McCaffrey, 40918721