Stavanger, 20 December 2023
SURF Lead – fit for the new future of energy
Sval is the new generation energy company and is currently seeking a SURF Lead (Subsea, Umbilical, Riser, Flowlines) to join our Engineering team. Our diverse and skilled workforce with broad and varied industry experience drives Sval forward and into new opportunities. We do this through creating great teams built on collaboration, trust and mutual respect.
We are looking for someone with a wide range of experience, who is self-driven and able to take initiative. With us, you will, together with great colleagues, have the opportunity to contribute and shape the company’s future. We aspire to be nimble, sustainable and we focus on creating value together.
The SURF Lead will lead technical teams to solve complex engineering issues within his / her field of expertise and deliver effective solutions in operated and non-operated licenses and business development activities. The SURF Lead shall use technical knowledge and experience to shape safe, efficient, and compliant assets throughout the organisation.
- Be the Sval Energi Lead Engineer for all SURF related matters, including managing and developing relevant Sval requirements.
- Be primary company representative / project manager for relevant contracts / projects for operated assets, delivering robust engineering solutions with focus on safety and performance.
- Be the Sval Energi Lead person for SURF related matters towards external stakeholders (industry forums, authorities, JV partners, relevant contractors etc).
- Define and carry out activities to deliver Engineering and Operations Excellence for both CCS and Oil and Gas projects / assets.
- Ensure appropriate planning and execution of offshore activities to achieve safe and efficient operations.
- Represent Sval in Joint Venture license committees and task forces in operated and non-operated licenses.
- Lead technical due diligence activities within business development on behalf of the Engineering department.
- Ensure a safety and environment mindset in area of influence and implement robust engineering solutions and design integrity fit for an asset lifecycle.
- Have a complete overview of applicable internal and external requirements within area of expertise (regulations, standards, procedures etc.), and ensure implementation in the wider organisation.
- Be updated on and implement new technologies / requirements / best practices making operations and projects safer, more sustainable and more reliable.
- Define and implement performance requirements within own area and ensure necessary analyses and activities are carried out.
- Plan and lead Inspection, Maintenance and Repair activities on operated assets and ensure necessary contracts and tools are in place.
- Define scope of work and maintain plans/schedules for relevant studies / projects.
- Be an active user of engineering management tools and systems (technical query/ NCR / deviation / Interface management).
- Lead assurance reviews ensuring regulatory compliance and adherence to company standards and industry best practices.
- Review, assess and recommend way forward on relevant deviations from the wider organisation from a SURF subject matter expert perspective.
Who are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in science degree, or similar.
- 12+ years relevant experience, including projects / Operations experience.
- Very good understanding of upstream oil and gas operations and technologies from an NCS operator perspective.
- Experience from operation and design / fabrication / installation of pipelines.
- Experience with integrity management activities and systems.
- Highly proficient in the application of industry standards and engineering practices.
- Strong communicator in the English language and the ability to understand complex multi-discipline issues and present clear solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple work tasks and proactively prioritise accordingly in a busy environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
We are looking for candidates with effective communication and collaboration skills, who is energized and have the ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment. You speak, read, and write English fluently. You have the ability to influence others, are structured and have good analytical skills. Sval believes in facilitating growth and development.
The position will report to the Engineering Manager who has a high focus on collaboration, personal development, and trust.
We offer an opportunity in a company that embraces a flat organizational structure where decision-making is decentralized, and there are few hierarchical levels between employees. Our strategy is focused on exploration and production, but we aim to deliver oil and gas with the lowest possible emissions.
Interested? Apply using this link.